Last updated September 1, 2020
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways:
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, vehicle information, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site and in the Application.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site, the Application, and the Device.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Information Collected through the Application. We may get information about your location, phone and computer information using the mobile and computer applications where you choose to install our products. You will be prompted by standard requests to allow us access to this information when you use the Company’s applications.
Information Collected through the Device. In order to provide the automated parking guidance and payment service as well as live vehicle tracking and trip logging services, we have to access information about the users’ vehicle location, especially at the moments when it stops. The Device automatically sends geolocation information to the Company’s server via an encrypted Virtual Private Network (VPN) channel hosted by the network operator to be analyzed and securely stored. The geolocation information may be used to detect whether your vehicle is parked in a legal parking zone and for how long it stays parked there. Every Device has a unique identifier and only a private Internet Protocol (IP) address that is accessible by the Company’s server in the private network hosted by the network operator. The Company’s server and database may be hosted by a secure cloud provider, such as Amazon Web Services, to provide additional security of users’ data using the highest industry standards.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- We use your personal information in an aggregated and anonymized form to produce data and statistical products that we may share with our affiliates, business partners, and users. Some of these analytical data and statistical products may be made public by the means of online or print publication. Some of these analytical data and statistical products may be used to advance our Intellectual Property, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others, such as other application developers or insurance companies seeking to review your premiums, for their own marketing and business uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
Our services are location-based. If you choose not to share your location information, we will have to discontinue your service. You may do so at any moment by choosing to cancel your subscription to the Company services and requesting to delete your account from our system by contacting us using the Contact Information below. You will have to return the Device and delete the Application from your mobile and computer devices in order to fully remove your account information from our system. Given how our backup systems work, your data may remain in our backups for some time after we delete it from our servers.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
5444 Chieftain Circle
Alexandria, Virginia 22312